I just ran a personal financial statement for my bank. I put it off about 3 months because it was so stupidly detailed, but finally sat down and DID IT! And guess what?!?! Our net worth is $968,250. Ho.ly.crap. About 2 years ago when I started building this business, I got to know some high achievers who *must* be millionaires. It isn't a question you can really ask in polite company (even though I'm not usually polite, I'm usually nosy and to the point), so I can't be certain, but... yea. At some point in the past year I realized that I KNOW MILLIONAIRES! Like, personally. We eat and drink and chat together on a regular basis. This is both brain hurting and totally expected. Of my college friends, 2 successfully navigated the tech startup world and made bank for their hard efforts. Also in my college friends are many super intelligent engineers, and if (as such) they started investing 10% into their 401k at gradu...
My goodness this was like reading about myself :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad I'm not alone! :)
Delete