It's 11 pm right now and I am a silent witness on a conference call a half way around the world... I'm still trying to decide if I can agree with this being a part of my job description. Since I spent almost the entire day on the couch reading the final installation of Harry Potter (which was really good, by the way.) I'm guessing that I can be ok with having to be on some late night calls. On the other hand, I am not gaining anything from this 4 hour evolution that couldn't be gained from reading the detailed meeting minutes which are sure to be sent out this week. And even though I have only worked 6 hours today, I think that in a few minutes I'm going to call it quits and crawl into my nice warm bed. I'm sure they'll survive the next 2 hours just fine without me...
Personal Savior
Recently I've been grappling with one of the basic tenants of Christianity - the personal savior. I haven't read much on it, but I'm pretty sure someone else has already thought this through much more eloquently than I will. And yet, that doesn't mean I don't get to think about it myself... God has gradually become a more central piece of my life in the past few years. This is by design. I want to strengthen my foundation as well as pass along faith to my children. Maybe Catholicism, maybe not, but I want them to feel the love and solace that I have when I feel connected to God. Like there is something infinitely bigger. Something benevolent. Something amazing. That anything is possible and we are not limited nearly as much as we think we are. I love Catholicism for many reasons, but the root of them is my connection to the community. Lately I have been in a more evangelical circle that talks about what God (sometimes ...
Comments
Post a Comment